Toyota Motor North America Reports U.S. Sales for July 2017, Sets New Record for RAV4
• More than 40,000 RAV4 sold for all-time record month
• Toyota, Lexus divisions post best-ever July light truck sales
• Lexus NX and Toyota Highlander post best-ever July
August 01, 2017
PLANO, Texas, August 1, 2017
– Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) Inc., today reported July 2017 sales of 222,057 units. With the one less selling day in July 2017 compared to July 2016, sales were up 3.6 percent on volume and up 7.8 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted July sales of 193,155 units, up 3.6 percent on a volume basis, and up 7.8 percent on a DSR basis.
“In July, Toyota division saw its strongest month of the year so far, and our second consecutive month of year-over-year increases based on sales volume,” said Jack Hollis, group vice president and general manager, Toyota division. “We are thrilled to see RAV4 sales top 40,000 units in a single month – it is not only a milestone for us, but has set a new best-ever, all-time record monthly total. We continue to see momentum in the industry for light trucks, and are positioned well with strong availability of our SUVs. We are equally excited that the all-new 2018 Camry is receiving a strong reception as it started to hit dealer showrooms last week.”
Lexus posted July sales of 28,902 units, up 3.6 percent on a volume basis, and up 7.8 percent on a DSR basis.
“Lexus utility vehicles had a stellar month, with a best-ever July for NX as well as the total LUV lineup, driving Lexus to its second-best July in history,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “We were also pleased to see strong ES sales in July, with sales up significantly over last year. We’re looking forward to a robust August, with healthy inventory and the continuation of the Golden Opportunity Sales Event.”
July 2017 Highlights:
- Camry posts July sales of 33,827 units
- RAV4 posts sales of more than 41,800 units
- Highlander sales increased by 25 percent; posts new best-ever July
- 4Runner sales of 9,874 units in July
- Tacoma sales rise by nearly five percent in July
- Tundra posts July sales of 10,546 units
- Lexus posts second-best July in its history
- ES posts sales of 6,641 units for best July in a decade
- NX sets new best-ever July, up 15.3 percent
- LX up more than 14 percent in July
- RX sees 13 percent gain in July
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM) has been a part of the cultural fabric in the U.S. and North America for 60 years, and is committed to advancing sustainable, next-generation mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. During that time, Toyota has created a tremendous value chain as our teams have contributed to world-class design, engineering, and assembly of more than 33 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 46,000 people (more than 36,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold almost 2.7 million cars and trucks (2.45 million in the U.S.) in 2016 – and about 85 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 15 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com
|Toyota Media Relations
Lexus Media Relations
|Leigh Anne Sessions