What’s New: 2019 Lexus RC
New or Redesigned Standard Features:
- Front and rear fascia, front grille, headlamps and taillamps, rear Lexus logo
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL), outer mirrors
- Wheel designs
- Analog clock, Start/Stop button, AC register design, knee pad and cup holder
- Revised springs and shock absorbers
- Recalibrated Electronic Power Steering
- Four-Cylinder Turbocharged engine – ECU updated to optimize shift schedule, throttle and turbocharger response
- Apple CarPlay® Compatible
- Amazon Alexa integration
- Lexus Enform Remote (smartwatch and Amazon Alexa skill integration)
- Premium Package: Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, heated and ventilated front seats and Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Exterior: Blue Vortex Metallic added (Standard model)
- Interior: White, Circuit Red, Black with Yellow Accents and Dark Gray Streamline trim added (F SPORT)
PLANO, TX – A smooth ride, fresh new look and style — the 2019 Lexus RC is ready to roll.
With the Lexus brand’s dedication to high performance and world-class craftsmanship, drivers can count on an emotional driving experience with the RC coupe.
Balance of Power
The idea of “sharper and more graceful” defines the LC flagship, so Lexus engineers have applied
the same concept to the new RC. This included enhancing the car’s aerodynamics and fine-tuning
the suspension system and powertrain. Armed with a more stable ride quality and sharper handling
characteristics, the new RC is more athletic and responsive than ever.
Enhanced aerodynamics — such as a new fin shape on the side window mold and a duct on the rear
bumper that improves air flow, result in improved stability. New available 19-in. wheels and tires with
increased grip deliver excellent steering response. Stiffer suspension bushings have been
incorporated along with new shock absorbers which provide significant damping force from low
suspension stroke speeds. Thanks to a significant amount of real-world testing that allowed constant
fine-tuning by the chassis engineers, the new RC delivers an extremely supple ride quality and
razor-sharp handling characteristics.
Lexus RC 300 rear-wheel drive is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine. This smooth operator produces 241 horsepower with 258 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 1,650-4,400 rpm. It’s paired with an eight-speed sport direct-shift automatic transmission with paddle shifters and consumes fuel at a rate of 21 mpg city / 30 mpg highway / 24 mpg combined manufacturer estimated fuel economy.
The RC 300 all-wheel drive has a 3.5-liter V6 engine. It produces 260 horsepower and 236 lb.-ft. torque at 2,000-4,800 rpm, and is teamed with a six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. The RC 350 gets a 311-horsepower version of the V6. With rear-wheel drive, it gets the eight-speed Sports Direct Shift automatic transmission with paddle shifters; with all-wheel drive, it’s a six-speed automatic.
Striking Style and Color
Lexus designers kept the RC’s dynamic coupe proportions, while enhancing features that are pleasing to the eye. Influenced by the flagship LC sporty coupe, every angle of the RC provides a striking view. Moreover, the RC demands attention with its new sleek front grille, headlamps and taillamps.
The luxury coupe also comes with new standard 18-inch alloy wheels (19-inch wheels available) with a distinctive split-5-spoke design. In addition, a total of 10 different exterior colors will be available for the RC, including a new vibrant color, Blue Vortex Metallic.
Drivers will feel right at home in the luxury coupe cabin. To enhance the look and feel of the interior, a new Dark Gray Streamline treatment has been applied to the heater control and audio panels. The design also includes enlarged knee pads to create a heightened sense of space, a new analog clock and cup holder.
For the 2019 RC, Lexus offers six different combinations of interior trim. Colors for the standard coupe include Glazed Caramel, Playa and Black. The RC F SPORT models will get three new bold colors: Circuit Red, Black with Yellow Accents and White.
Drive Mode Select: Listens to You
The RC listens to the driver through the Drive Mode Select system. On standard models Drive Mode Select tailors the vehicle’s throttle response, electric power steering and climate settings with a choice of Normal, Eco or Sport modes. F SPORT adds Sport S+ mode for maximum performance from the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and a Custom mode which lets the driver personalize the vehicle’s response.
F SPORT: Experience Amazing
The 2019 RC F SPORT gets new features exclusive to the coupe which include a sleek grille mesh pattern and sharp 19-inch alloy wheels influenced by the Lexus flagship LS and LC models.
Safety is a Staple with Lexus
Lexus Safety System+ is standard, which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection, High Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Intelligent High-Beams. Also, Lexus Enform Safety Connect is complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership with access to Lexus Enform response centers 24/7/365.
The 2019 RC has an available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM). This feature is designed to assist the driver when changing lanes by providing information not only about vehicles in the side mirror blind spot zones, but also by helping to detecting vehicles approaching from the rear in adjacent lanes. The option also includes Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), which helps detect approaching vehicles from both rear sides to assist the driver when backing out of a parking space or driveway.
Full Access: Multimedia and Connected Services
The 7-inch high-resolution multimedia display provides immediate, simultaneous access to audio or climate controls and various systems.
The new Apple CarPlayâ compatibility keeps the driver connected in a multimedia environment. Customers can access the interface from their iPhoneâ through the vehicle’s multimedia display. Simply connect an iPhone to get directions, make calls, send and receive message via Siri®, and get access to favorite apps like Spotify™, Audible® and Apple Podcasts™.
With the new Amazon Alexa integration, the feature offers the driver hands free capability. You can listen to audiobooks, play favorite music, make lists, check the weather, get news briefings, and much more. Users can also control compatible smart-home devices such as lighting, thermostat and security systems. Offering added in-vehicle convenience, Alexa even syncs to the navigation system to provide on-the-go recommendations.
With Lexus Enform Service Connect, also complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership, the vehicle can send alerts for specific factory recommended maintenance, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer. The Lexus Drivers mobile app or LexusDrivers.com website can be used to set push-reminders and alerts for maintenance and service issues.
Lexus Enform Remote (complimentary for the first year of ownership) lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or using the Lexus skill for Amazon Alexa-enabled devices at home.
Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for the first year of ownership) acts as an in-vehicle personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent. The complimentary Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0 app offers access to favorite mobile applications through the vehicle’s center console display, including Amazon Alexa compatibility, NPR One®, iHeartRadio®, Slacker® and Yelp®.
The 2019 RC 300/350 models are set to arrive at dealerships in November 2018 with a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the following:
- RC 300 RWD – $41,145 RC 300 AWD – $43,835
- RC 350 RWD – $44,075 RC 350 AWD – $46,240
Lexus stands true to its tradition by offering high performance, style and safety in a luxury coupe
— the 2019 RC.
Standard Exterior Features
- 18-in Split-5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
- Bi-LED headlamps and LED taillamps
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Exterior colors: Obsidian, Caviar, Nebula Gray Pearl, Atomic Silver, Eminent White Pearl, Infrared, and Blue Vortex Metallic; exclusive for F SPORT models: Ultra White, Flare Yellow, and Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0
Standard Interior Features
- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop
- Drive Mode Select
- Steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Color TFT multi-information display
- Dual zone climate control with interior air filters, smog sensor and automatic recirculation mode
- Perforated Nuluxe? interior trim
- 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat (including lumbar)
- 8-way power adjustable passenger’s seat and 60/40 split fold-down rear seats
- Heated front seats (AWD)
- Dark gray streamline trim (F SPORT)
- Interior Colors: Black, Glazed Caramel, Playa; F Sport exclusive colors: Circuit Red, Black with Yellow Accents and White
F SPORT Standard Features
- F SPORT bolstered front heated and ventilated power seats
- Lexus Memory System for driver's seat, outside mirrors and steering column
- Power tilt telescopic steering column
- Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors with Auto Tilt-Down In Reverse
- Rain sensing wipers
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Drive Mode Select (Eco, Normal, Sport S, Sport S+, Snow and Custom)
- F SPORT suspension tuning
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
- 19-in split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Dark Graphite finish and summer (RWD) or all-season (AWD) tires
- Aluminum pedals and black headliner
- LFA-inspired instrumentation with G-force monitor
- Unique front bumper, grill and rear valance
- Navigation Package
Standard Audio System
- 10 speaker premium sound system
- HD™ Radio (complimentary traffic and weather)
- SiriusXM? Satellite Radio (complimentary 90-day trial subscription included)
- Multimedia and Connected Services
- Lexus Multimedia System with 7-inch color multimedia display and Scout GPS Link with MapStream and TurnStream (complimentary for the first three-years of ownership)
- Bluetooth and USB smartphone connectivity
- Voice Command and Mobile Assistant enabling use of Siri? Eyes Free or Google Assistant
- Lexus Enform Remote (complimentary for the first year of ownership) lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or using the Lexus skill for Amazon Alexa-enabled devices at home.
- Apple CarPlay?, customers can access the familiar interface from their iPhone? through the vehicle’s multimedia display. Connect an iPhone to get directions, make calls, send and receive message via Siri?, and get access to favorite apps like Spotify™, Audible? and Apple Podcasts™
- Amazon Alexa integration for access to information and the thousands of skills available with Alexa at home. Listen to audiobooks, play favorite music, make lists, check the weather, get news briefings, and much more. Users can also control compatible smart-home devices such as lighting, thermostat and security systems. Offering added in-vehicle convenience, Alexa even syncs to the available Navigation System to provide on-the-go recommendations.
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect (complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership) includes an Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, and Stolen Vehicle Notification. The Lexus Enform response center operates 24/7/365.
- Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership) enables the RC to send vehicle alerts and factory maintenance alerts, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer if opted-in.
- Lexus Enform WiFi (includes a 4 GB one-year complimentary trial) allows up to five devices to be connected via the vehicle’s 4G LTE service powered by Verizon.
- The complimentary Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0 app offer access to favorite mobile applications through the vehicle’s center console display, including Amazon Alexa compatibility, NPR One?, iHeartRadio?, Slacker? and Yelp?.
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for the first year of ownership) acts as an in-vehicle personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent (Navigation required).
- Dynamic Navigation (complimentary for up to the first three years of ownership) offers three enhanced features; greater accuracy through continuous cloud-based updates with Dynamic Map; alternative routes based on conditions ahead via Dynamic Route and Dynamic Points of Interest (POI), which automatically sorts POI results based on relevance, and, search the cloud using conversational speech for address or POIs via Dynamic Voice Recognition system (Navigation Package required).
Standard Safety and Security
- Lexus Safety System+ (Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, High Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Intelligent High-Beams)
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
- Eight airbags
- Backup camera
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Triple Beam LED Headlamps
- Power Moonroof
- 19-in Split 10-spoke alloy wheels
- F SPORT Heated steering wheel
- TORSEN® limited-slip rear differential (F Sport RWD)
- Orange brake calipers (F Sport RWD)
- Lexus dynamic handling with dynamic rear steering and Variable Gear-Ratio Steering(VGRS) (350 FSport RWD)
- Premium Package (Standard model)
- Lexus Memory System for Drivers Seat, Outside Mirrors and Steering Column
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors with Auto Tilt-Down in Reverse
- Power Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Heated and Ventilated Seats
- Navigation Package
- Navigation System with 10.3 in color multimedia display
- Lexus Enform Dynamic Navigation (complimentary for up to the first three years of ownership.)
- Dynamic Voice Command
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for the first year of ownership)
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming), rearview mirror with HomeLink?
- Navigation with Mark Levinson Audio Package
- Navigation Package Plus:
- Mark Levinson 17 speaker, 835 watt, 7.1-channel Surround Sound Audio System with Clari-Fi™ audio processing
- All-Weather Package
- Headlamp washers
- Windshield wiper deicer
- Water-repellent front-door glass
- Fast-response interior heater
Download FilesClick here to Download
Lexus' passion for brave design, imaginative technology, and exhilarating performance enables the luxury lifestyle brand to create amazing experiences for its customers. Lexus began its journey in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since then, Lexus has developed its lineup to meet the needs of global luxury customers in more than 90 countries. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 241 dealers offering a full lineup of luxury vehicles. With six models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers six F SPORT models and two F performance models. Lexus is committed to being a visionary brand that anticipates the future for luxury customers.
Note to Editors: Lexus product information and images are available online via our news media web site http://LexusNewsroom.com.