- Texas Auto Writers Association Names 2016 Lexus LX 570 “Full-Size Luxury SUV of Texas”
SAN ANTONIO – Oct. 13, 2015 – On roads, on trails, crossing rivers or parked in your driveway – it doesn’t matter, the Lexus LX 570 makes a statement. And this year, the statement is, “hand me that trophy.”
At the 2015 Texas Truck Rodeo in San Antonio, the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) named the 2016 Lexus LX 570 the “Full-Size Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas,” capping two days of on- and off-road drives in the Texas Hill Country.
The 2015 TAWA Texas Truck Rodeo took place Oct. 7-9. At the historic Knibbe Ranch near San Antonio, 69 journalists test-drove and evaluated 88 vehicles across a variety of vehicle categories, registering 1,429 drives.
The strong momentum for Lexus in Texas continues. In March at the 2015 Auto Roundup in Fort Worth, TAWA named the 2015 Lexus NX 200t F SPORT compact crossover the “Activity Vehicle of Texas” and the 2015 Lexus NX 300h hybrid the “Green Vehicle of Texas.”
The LX 570 is one of the few SUVs to combine sumptuous luxury with true off-road capability, including Crawl Control for challenging off-road environments. The formidable 5.7-liter V8 engine produces 383 horsepower and delivers 90 percent of its 403 lb.-ft. peak torque at just 3,600 rpm.
In a sweeping redesign for 2016, the LX 570 now features:
- Eight-speed automatic transmission replaces six-speed for enhanced performance and efficiency;
- Bolder rendition of the Lexus signature spindle grille;
- New 20- and 21-inch wheel designs;
- Standard Lexus Safety System + combines Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert, Intelligent High Beam and All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control;
- Upgraded multimedia with 12.3-inch screen and Remote Touch Interface, a larger 4.2-inch multi-information display and larger 11.6-inch screens for available Rear Seat Entertainment System;
- Standard Panoramic View Camera and available Heads-Up Display.
Lexus launched in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since that time, Lexus has expanded its line-up to meet the needs of global luxury customers. Lexus is now going beyond its reputation for high quality vehicles with the integration of innovative technology, emotional exterior and interior designs, and engaging driving dynamics and performance. With six models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers eight F SPORT models and one F performance model. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 236 dealers who are committed to exemplary customer service.