- 42 MPG EPA Estimated Combined Fuel Economy in a Luxury Jewel
- New Siri® Eyes-Free Mode
- Upgraded Lexus Enform App Suite
- F SPORT Package Delivers Sporty Performance
What kind of carmaker designs a hybrid that has an EPA-estimated 42 MPG combined fuel economy and turns it into a sporty luxury machine? That would be Lexus, and the car is the CT 200h. It’s one of six hybrid models Lexus offers for 2015, the most of any luxury brand. Lexus introduced the first luxury hybrid more than 10 years ago, so the brand’s hybrid leadership and innovation come naturally.
The CT 200h broke new ground for Lexus, introducing the brand to a younger generation of highly discerning, environmentally conscientious customers. They, too, quickly discovered the refinement and driving pleasure that characterize the progressive luxury inherent in every Lexus.
A sporty chassis keeps the CT 200h connected to the road’s curves, and for 2015, new features help keep the driver and passengers connected to everything else. iPhone® users (iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 models forward) can get things done just by asking through newly standard Siri® Eyes Free Mode. Siri lets you call contacts , get turn-by-turn navigation through Siri and Apple maps, select and play music from iTunes® and much more.
And speaking of music, the Lexus Enform App Suite upgrades to include iHeartRadio 4.0 and adds Slacker to expand music choices in the vehicle.
The available Navigation system adds yet more voice commands, and even your garage door gets smarter when you drive a 2015 Lexus CT 200h. Its updated HomeLink® system features easier programming and two-way communication to let you know the door is indeed closed — no need to circle around the block to check.
Adding convenience at the fingertip level, the turn signals get a new three-flash system.
What Makes It Go (On So Little Fuel)
There’s no magic needed to get sporty performance with EPA fuel economy estimates of 43 MPG city / 40 MPG highway / 42 MPG combined. It just takes the world’s deepest well of hybrid expertise and experience. In the CT 200h, that translates to a 1.8-liter in-line four-cylinder gas engine teamed to a 650 volt motor/generator for a combined output of 134 horsepower. A second motor in the hybrid system serves as both engine starter and generator to charge the hybrid battery pack.
The powertrain is mated to an Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (E-CVT) that makes the best use of the instant torque of the electric motor and quickly finds the optimal gear ratio to enhance the driving experience.
It’s the unseen engineering details that really make a difference in the CT’s fuel efficiency. For example, an exhaust heat recovery system uses the heat of spent exhaust gases to speed engine coolant warm-up. That in turn allows the hybrid system to stop the engine earlier and more often in the driving cycle when it’s not needed, for example in low-power-demand city driving conditions.
Like other Lexus models, the CT 200h puts a wide range of vehicle control at the driver’s fingertips through the Lexus Drive Mode Select system. You can choose from four distinct modes: Normal, Sport, Eco or EV. Normal mode has an essentially linear throttle response that gives naturally progressive power. Sport mode yields a more responsive and dynamic driving experience.
In Eco mode, air conditioning settings are adjusted and the throttle response is reduced relative to the pedal angle to emphasize fuel economy. Under certain circumstances, the EV mode can allow the CT 200h to be driven short distances using only the electric motors. It’s ideal for crawling through a crowded parking lot or garage when searching for a space, for example.
F SPORT: Look Sporty. Feel Sporty.
The CT 200h got a new, sporty look for 2014, so the only flourish needed for 2015 was adding an F SPORT badge on the back of the F SPORT model. You – and passersby — can’t miss the F SPORT, thanks to its exclusive mesh version of the Lexus spindle grille, black contrast roof, rear spoiler with two large air ducts, 17-inch five-twin-spoke alloy wheels with two-tone graphite and machine finish and mesh and fog lamp inserts with black surrounds.
For even more head-turning power, the F SPORT offers two unique exterior colors: Eminent White Pearl and Ultrasonic Blue Mica. Another of the color choices, Redline, features a highly scratch resistant self-restoring coat.
It’s not all about great looks. The CT’s F SPORT-tuned suspension includes specially tuned dampers and springs to increase agility, making every drive feel its sportiest.
It Is A Lexus, After All
Compact, sporty and shockingly thrifty with fuel, the CT 200h is of course a pure Lexus. That means a considerably higher level of luxury than you’ll see in anything this size. Standard features include a 10-way power driver’s seat, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and manual sliding sunshade.
Available cabin choices, including NuLuxe seating and Bamboo trim, reflect the CT’s eco-conscious mission. NuLuxe seating material offers the elegant look and supple feel of leather. Yet, even compared to other synthetic leathers, NuLuxe weighs half as much, and its manufacturing process generates far fewer CO2 and VOC emissions. Perforated Flaxen leather is also available, accentuated by metallic interior trim that highlights the CT’s sporty nature.
Informative and Conversational
The available Display Audio/Navigation screen controls a next-generation multimedia system featuring complimentary HD Radio™ real-time traffic and weather. Models equipped with the optional navigation system use Remote Touch Interface.
The cache radio feature will quickly endear itself. If you’re busy with something when a favorite song comes on the radio, such as paying a toll or waiting at a bank or coffee drive-through, cache radio will store it for up to 15-minutes and let you listen later. Or, tag it with iTunes® Tagging to download later.
The standard six-speaker audio system features the world's first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin. You may hear voices with greater clarity than you have before. A 10-speaker system is available. Both systems, of course, live up to the brand’s reputation for stellar sound. The Display Audio and Navigation systems both employ Bluetooth® 3.0 and dual USB ports to ensure you can connect your music any way you like.
New for 2015
- Siri Eyes Free Mode
- Additional voice commands for NAV equipped
- Lexus Enform App Suite adds Slacker and upgrades to iHeartRadio 4.0
- Updated HomeLink with easier programming and two-way communication to let user know door is closed
- Rear F SPORT badge on F SPORT
- Turn signals adopt three-flash system
- Suspension design combines a MacPherson strut front system with a fully independent double-wishbone rear suspension.
- A unique lateral performance damper system is designed to absorb and minimize body vibrations to offer a more linear steering feel and further enhanced ride comfort.
- The CT 200h braking system is augmented by regenerative braking which also helps recharge the hybrid battery pack and improve fuel economy.
- Standard 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on the CT 200h are equipped with P215/45 R17 all-season tires.
- Standard eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags and knee airbags, side curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags.
- Optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control can help reduce collision damage. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control system uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set distance from a vehicle traveling ahead. PCS is equipped with a front-mounted radar sensor that is designed to detect certain obstacles in front of the car.
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support and four-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat.
- The standard six-speaker audio system features the world's first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin.
- Voice recognition and Bluetooth technology hands-free communication when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Navigation with Lexus Enform Destination Services, Lexus Enform App Suite (Bing™, Pandora®, iHeartRadio, Slacker, Open Table®, Yelp®, Movie Tickets.com), and HD Radio with iTunes tagging. Package includes HDD navigation system, back-up camera and voice command. Also features Bluetooth hands-free phone, phone book download capability and Lexus’ exclusive Remote Touch controller with user-adjustable haptic feedback.
- An optional Premium Audio Package includes the Lexus premium audio system with 10-speakers and six-disc CD changer, Homelink and electrochromic rearview mirror with compass.
- An optional Leather Package includes perforated leather-trimmed seats, driver memory, and rain sensing variable intermittent wipers.
- LED low beam headlights with dynamic auto-leveling with headlamp cleaners, electrochromic (auto-dimming) rearview mirror with backup camera and Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Park Assist
- Seat Comfort Package: Heated front seats and four-way power passenger seat
- The spindle grille is flanked by headlamp clusters positioned on a higher plane than the grille itself.
- Headlamps focus on piercing, single halogen or optional twin LED low beam lamps.
- Compact and aerodynamic door mirrors with an integral, LED side turn signal lamp.
- Tail lamps incorporate a Lexus L-shaped motif.
- Aerodynamic detailing of the lower bumper and finned rear undercover smooths airflow from beneath the car, further improving both vehicle stability and fuel consumption.
- The dashboard is divided into two distinct zones: an upper, Display Zone, with an eight-inch, LCD multi-display screen located at an ideal distance for at-a-glance viewing, and a lower, Operation Zone, which allows access to the uniquely designed shift lever and system controls.
- The front seats feature pronounced side bolsters engineered with internal wire framing for additional lateral support during high-G cornering.
- Extensive use of metallic finishes and dark, soft touch materials reinforces the premium quality of the cockpit.
- Ecological Plastics with 30 percent plant-based Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) materials are used for the floor mats, deck side and deck board trim. The CT is more than 80 percent recyclable and is designed to be easily dismantled. Recycle marks have been placed on the front, rear and tailgate trim to facilitate optimum recycling.
F SPORT Package
- F SPORT-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels with high-gloss finish.
- Front grille with mesh inserts, metal front scuff plates, black contrast roof, a perforated leather-trimmed steering wheel, leather-trimmed shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel all add to the sporty feel.
- Black NuLuxe trimmed seats or perforated black leather-trimmed seats with white perforation are available.
- 48-month/50,000miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.