- New Multi-Media System for 2015
- 18-inch Wheels Now Standard
- Standard 306-hp 3.5-liter V6 With Rear Wheel Drive or All-Weather Drive
- Available F SPORT Package Turns Up The Handling Heat and Includes Adaptive Variable Suspension
Is there an ideal balance of luxury and sport? The 2015 Lexus GS 350 answers in the affirmative in a tantalizing, coupe-inspired sedan. Acclaimed Lexus ride quality co-exists with satisfying agility, along with powerful acceleration from a standard 306 horsepower V6 engine.
New for 2015, the GS 350 keeps its driver at the forefront of multimedia with a new system featuring a 12.3-inch display screen that can be configured into three sections to offer different functions. For example, you can view a large map display on the left side, audio in the middle and a third function, such as climate control, on the right. In addition, the Lexus Enform App Suite has been upgraded to include iHeartRadio™ 4 and Slacker for even more music-listening choices.
Standard 18-inch split five-spoke wheels give the GS 350 an edge on agility without detracting from ride quality. Those seeking the ultimate in sporty handling for the GS 350 can choose the F SPORT package, which combines track-tuned chassis enhancements with exclusive design features.
The GS 350 cuts through the air with the brand’s distinctive spindle grille and L-themed LED daytime running lights. Behind those signature features, the 3.5-liter V6 employs a unique combination of direct fuel injection and additional port fuel injectors to ensure ample power and crisp responsiveness at all engine speeds. Acceleration is accompanied by a muted growl through the dual exhaust tips.
The available all-weather drive system, which can also be combined with the F SPORT package, enhances handling in all conditions. The sophisticated system uses an electronically controlled center differential to provide all-wheel drive function. The rear-wheel bias of the normal 30:70 torque split favors handling agility, and the system can alter that to as much as 50:50, depending on driving conditions, to optimize traction.
The Lexus GS 350’s new multimedia system, accessed through a high-resolution eight-inch screen, provides a multitude of capabilities and also offers the Navigation upgrade with a 12.3-inch screen.
The new standard Display Audio includes HD Radio™, Bluetooth® audio, automatic phone book transfer, a vehicle information display and complimentary traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio. If a favorite song comes on the radio while you’re busy with something else, like waiting at a bank drive-through, use the cache radio feature to pause it for up to 20-minutes and then listen later.
In addition, the Navigation system can help guide you to your destination more efficiently with full and predictive traffic information, including detour preview, ETA calculation and low-fuel coordination with available fuel stations. Navigation also includes the Lexus Enform App Suite and features 3D and bird’s eye map views, plus 3D building views.
Sirii® Eyes Free Mode, which the GS 350 gained for 2014, is compatible with the iPhone® 4S and iPhone 5 models forward and puts Apple’s Siri technology at your service. Siri lets you call contacts, select and play music from iTunes®, get turn-by-turn navigation through Siri and Apple maps, and much more.
Unmistakable Lexus Luxury
This generation GS is the roomiest ever, for people and things. The trunk can easily accommodate four golf bags. The sumptuously detailed cabin, trimmed in standard perforated leather and matte dark brown walnut wood, comes with standard 10-way power front seats. A reflection of Lexus attention to detail, the standard analog clock is carved from a single ingot of aluminum and uses LED indicators.
When it comes to climate control, the GS 350 goes above and beyond to keep passengers comfortable, no matter their temperature preference. The first-in-class, energy-saving S-Flow automatic climate control system detects if there is a front passenger and directs airflow only to the occupied front seat or seats.
With the available heated and ventilated front seats, the GS 350 also features the Climate Concierge. This system automatically monitors the temperature of three separate climate zones and adjusts not only the fans, but also the temperature of the seats and steering wheel individually. Each zone will achieve its pre-set level of comfort as quickly as possible.
Talk or touch – it’s your choice when operating various systems in the GS 350.
The available, next-generation Remote Touch with one-push confirmation enables smooth, intuitive control of climate, audio, phone, the optional navigation system and more. A standard rear back-up camera helps add security and convenience.
Focus on Performance
In this generation GS 350, Lexus put more control over vehicle performance at the driver’s fingertips with the Drive Mode selector. In addition to Normal mode, the system offers ECO mode, which sets throttle mapping, seat heating and climate control systems for optimal fuel economy. When driving in ECO mode, instrument meter lighting changes to blue.
The GS 350 really comes alive in SPORT S mode, with throttle mapping delivering sharper response and transmission shifting priorities altered to hold gears longer under acceleration. Appropriately, instrument meter lighting changes to red in this mode.
With the F SPORT and Luxury packages, the GS 350 gains a fourth driving mode, SPORT S+. The “plus” widens system engagement to also include a sport setting for the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), electric power steering system and Vehicle Dynamic Integrated Management (VDIM). It all adds up to the most engaging GS driving experience ever, while maintaining the renowned Lexus smoothness and comfort.
The F SPORT package for the GS 350 is a comprehensive chassis enhancement, with sport-tuned suspension, 19-inch wheels and larger front brakes with high-friction brake pads. In addition to its firmer springs, thicker stabilizer bars and special bushings, the F SPORT package equips the GS 350 with AVS damping system and a variable gear ratio steering system.
You can take the F SPORT even further with the available LDH system with Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS). The rear-wheel steering can add up to two degrees of input, with the variable gear ratio steering system also adding input at the front wheels for exceptionally controlled cornering performance.
The F SPORT certainly looks the part of a road-hungry machine, with exclusive front bumper and rear lower valence styling, a rear lip spoiler and F SPORT mesh grille inserts. The rear bumper integrates a distinctive exhaust diffuser and centered aero fins to help control underbody airflow.
Inside, you’ll grip a three-spoke F SPORT steering wheel and be surrounded by exclusive F SPORT design touches, including smooth, striated aluminum trim, unique perforated leather upholstery, a black headliner and aluminum pedals.
Lexus Enform® Help Keeps You Connected
Your smartphone gets a whole lot more capable when you step into the Lexus GS 350. The available Lexus Enform service, with Destination Services, and App Suite, comes with the available Navigation System. Lexus Enform provides access to the subscription-free App Suite. These voice-enabled apps let you search the Internet through Bing™, make restaurant reservations using OpenTable®, get movie tickets via MovieTickets.com™, listen to Internet radio, (including Pandora®, iHeartRadio and Slacker), search business reviews on Yelp® and check in on Facebook Places™.
Lexus Enform Safety Connect® comes with a one-year trial subscription and is standard on all vehicles. The Lexus Enform response centers operate 24 hours a day, every day.
What’s New for 2015
- New Multimedia system
- Lexus Enform App Suite upgraded
- 18-inch wheels now standard
- 306 horsepower, 3.5-liter DOHC V6 with dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i).
- EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 19 mpg city, 29 mpg highway and 23 mpg combined (RWD).
- Intake sound enhancer and optimized muffler chamber complement the bolder personality of the new-generation GS 350.
- Eight-speed sequential shift automatic transmission with paddle shifters and sport driving logic (RWD)
- Front and rear aluminum control arms help reduce unsprung weight and endow the GS 350 with enhanced agility, sway damping, ride comfort, body control and steering precision compared to the previous generation GS.
- Ventilated disc brakes feature four-piston aluminum front calipers and are equipped with the latest electronic enhancements to help provide braking balance and control.
- Standard 18-inch split five-spoke alloy wheels with 235/45R18 tires.
- GS 350 F SPORT is exclusively equipped with 19-inch staggered width wheels paired with 235/40R19 front and 265/35R19 rear summer compound tires for RWD models, while AWD models have 235/40/19 all-season tires in the front and rear.
- The GS 350 F SPORT RWD offers an optional Lexus Dynamic Handling (LDH) system with Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS). This newly developed technology offers Lexus’ first integration of DRS, Electric Power Steering; and Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS). Monitoring vehicle speed, steering direction and driver inputs, the system calculates the optimum angle for all four wheels. Using VGRS in the front and DRS in the rear, the system can independently manage front and rear wheel steering angles to help enhance turn-in response, rear grip, vehicle control and overall agility when cornering.
- Standard Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) anticipates loss of vehicle control and governs all of the vehicle’s dynamic handling systems — Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) — with the electronic throttle control system. VDIM employs these systems collectively and seamlessly to help make corrections while allowing higher dynamic capability. The system also provides a limited-slip differential effect.
- The GS is standard equipped with 10 airbags, including a knee airbag for both driver and front passenger, seat-mounted side airbags for outboard rear seats, and side curtain airbags for all four outboard occupant seating positions.
- Whiplash Injury Lessening front seats reduce the space between the occupant’s head and headrest to help limit excessive head movement, and help decrease the severity of whiplash-type injuries in certain types of rear end collisions.
- Available options to help further enhance occupant safety include a Pre-Collision System (PCS), which uses the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control System to provide early warning of upcoming objects that might result in a collision. The system uses an infrared camera with new scanning technology to monitor the direction the driver’s eyes are looking. In the event that the driver does not appear to be looking forward when a collision appears imminent, the system will initiate the warning at an earlier threshold. If the driver still does not respond and make the appropriate maneuver, the system will initiate braking intervention up to 1.2 seconds prior to impact, designed to help lessen the severity of the collision. With available Lexus Dynamic Handling (LDH), PCS will help further mitigate the occurrence of a collision.
- Other optional equipment includes a color Heads Up Display, a Blind Spot Monitor that helps detect vehicles in rear/side blind spots and Lane Keep Assist (LKA) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW).
- Standard entertainment and connectivity advancements include enhanced Bluetooth capability with automatic phonebook download and streaming audio.
- Standard DVD audio and video compatibility, MP3 sound enhancement, 5.1 simulated surround-sound from normal two channel sources such as MP3 files and CDs.
- HD Radio with iTunes tagging and a three-month all-access trial subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio are standard.
- The available 17-speaker Mark Levinson premium surround sound audio system has 7.1 channel surround-sound through 10 channels using a new class D Digital amplifier with a clean 835-watts from 20-20,000hz at only 0.01 percent total harmonic distortion.
- The new Clari-Fi technology on the available Mark Levinson system automatically analyzes compression in the signal of digital tracks (CD, iPod, etc.) and determines how much amplification is needed, and where, to correct it
- 48-month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.