- Fun to drive, versatile and efficient
- 42 MPG EPA-Estimated Combined Fuel Economy
- F SPORT Package Delivers Sporty Flare
- Available Lexus Enform Remote and Lexus Enform Service Connect
When more luxury brands build hybrids that can offer 42 MPG EPA-estimated combined fuel economy, they will have caught up to the Lexus CT 200h – which got there in 2011. From the instantly recognizable spindle grille to the impeccable workmanship throughout, the 2017 Lexus CT 200h delivers the brand’s signature design and luxury experience in a unique compact hybrid package.
Designed from the outset as a dedicated hybrid model, the Lexus CT 200h provides a roomy cabin within its compact exterior dimensions. For 2017, Lexus gives the CT 200h some distinctive new colors, including Atomic Silver, Caviar, Autumn Shimmer and Blue Vortex Metallic.
Lexus got the whole luxury category thinking about hybrids 11 years ago with its first, the RX400h. The CT 200h brought Lexus hybrid technology and benefits to a whole new segment and also became the brand’s entry model. “Entry” is a relative term; the CT 200h never lets you forget it’s a Lexus. Take the standard NuLuxe seating, for example. It feels as supple as leather yet, compared to leather, weighs half as much, and its manufacturing process generates far fewer CO2 and VOC emissions.
Perforated leather is also available, part of the optional Luxury Package that includes heated and ventilated front seats, memory system and more.
Luxury Motoring on Very Little Fuel
The CT 200h draws from the world’s deepest well of hybrid expertise and experience to deliver responsive performance and fuel efficiency. EPA fuel economy estimates of 43 MPG city / 40 MPG highway / 42 MPG combined help make it one of the most efficient luxury hybrid models without a plug available today.
Lexus Hybrid Drive in the CT 200h includes a 1.8-liter Atkinson-cycle inline four-cylinder gas engine teamed with a 650-volt motor generator for a combined system output of 134 horsepower.
A second motor generator in the hybrid system serves as a starter for the internal combustion engine and generator to charge the hybrid battery pack.
The powertrain is mated to an Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission
(E-CVT) that makes the best use of the electric motor’s instant torque and quickly finds the optimal ratio to enhance driving conditions.
It’s the unseen engineering details that really make a difference in the CT’s fuel efficiency. For example, an exhaust heat recovery system uses the heat of spent exhaust gases to speed engine coolant warm-up. That in turn allows the hybrid system to stop the engine earlier and more often in the driving cycle when it’s not needed, for example in low-power-demand city driving conditions.
Like other Lexus models, the CT 200h puts a wide range of vehicle control at the driver’s fingertips through the Lexus Drive Mode Select system. You can choose from four distinct modes: Normal, Sport, Eco or EV. Normal mode has an essentially linear throttle response that gives naturally progressive power. Sport mode yields a more responsive and dynamic driving experience.
In Eco mode, air conditioning settings are adjusted and the throttle response is reduced relative to the pedal angle to emphasize fuel economy. Under certain circumstances, the EV mode can allow the
CT 200h to be driven short distances using only the electric motor. It’s ideal for crawling through a crowded parking lot or garage when searching for a space, for example.
F SPORT: Green, with Envy
A sporty chassis featuring a double-wishbone rear suspension and lateral performance dampers keeps the CT 200h connected to the road’s curves while providing a Lexus-smooth ride.
The CT 200h F SPORT model kicks it up a notch with even sharper curve-handling prowess thanks to F SPORT-tuned suspension with specially tuned dampers and springs. The 17-inch wheels get a five-twin-spoke design with two-tone graphite and machine finish. An exclusive mesh version of the Lexus spindle grille, black contrast roof, rear spoiler with two large air ducts, and mesh and fog lamp inserts with black surrounds complete the F SPORT exterior package. Among the color choices, Redline features a highly scratch resistant self-restoring coat.
The available Display Audio/Navigation screen controls a multimedia system featuring complimentary HD Radio™, real-time traffic, and weather. Models equipped with the optional navigation system use the Lexus Remote Touch Interface.
The cache radio feature will quickly endear itself. If you’re busy with something when a favorite song comes on the radio, such as waiting at a bank or coffee drive-through, cache radio will store it for up to 20-minutes and let you listen later. Or, tag it with iTunes® Tagging to download later.
The standard six-speaker audio system features the world's first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin. You may hear voices with greater clarity than you have before.
A 10-speaker system is available and includes Siri® Eyes Free Mode that lets you call contacts, get turn-by-turn navigation voice navigation through Siri, select and play music from iTunes and much more.
Both systems, of course, live up to the brand’s reputation for stellar sound. The available Display Audio and Navigation systems both employ Bluetooth® 3.0 and dual USB ports to ensure you can connect your music any way you like.
Lexus Enform Remote (subscription required) allows the owner to remotely view and control certain vehicle features using a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Key features include remote door lock/unlock; remote stop/start for the engine and climate control; vehicle finder, guest driver monitor and more.
Lexus Enform Service Connect (subscription required) allows customers to remotely view information about certain aspects of their Lexus vehicle via the MyLexusandBeyond mobile application for iOS smartphone users or LexusDrivers.com. Information includes maintenance alerts, warning light notifications and a vehicle health report that includes email and push notifications for diagnostic information, required maintenance reminders, current vehicle alerts, service campaigns, and more.
New for 2017
- New colors include: Atomic Silver Caviar, Autumn Shimmer, Blue Vortex Metallic
- Suspension design combines a MacPherson strut front system with a fully independent double-wishbone rear suspension.
- Unique lateral performance dampers are designed to absorb and minimize body vibrations to offer a more linear steering feel and further enhanced ride comfort.
- The CT 200h braking system is augmented by regenerative braking which also helps recharge the hybrid battery pack and enhance fuel efficiency.
- Standard 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on the CT 200h are equipped with P215/45 R17 all-season tires.
- Standard eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags and knee airbags, side curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags.
- Optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control can help reduce collision damage under certain conditions Dynamic Radar Cruise Control system uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set distance from a vehicle traveling ahead. PCS is equipped with a front-mounted radar sensor that is designed to detect certain obstacles in front of the car.
- 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support and four-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system.
- Standard six-speaker audio system features speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin.
- Voice recognition and Bluetooth technology hands-free communication when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Navigation with Lexus Enform Destinations, Lexus Enform App Suite (Destination Services, Pandora®, iHeartRadio, Slacker, Open Table®, Yelp®, Movie Tickets.com), and HD Radio with iTunes tagging. Package includes HDD navigation system, back-up camera and voice command. Also features Bluetooth hands-free phone, phone book download capability and Lexus’ exclusive Remote Touch controller with user-adjustable haptic feedback.
- Premium Audio Package includes the Lexus Premium Audio System with 10-speakers and six-disc CD changer, Homelink and electrochromic rearview mirror with compass.
- Leather Package includes perforated leather-trimmed seats, driver memory, and rain sensing variable intermittent wipers.
- Seat Comfort Package: Heated front seats and four-way power passenger seat.
- LED low-beam headlamps with headlamp washers.
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) rearview mirror with backup camera.
- Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Intuitive Parking Assist.
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and manual sliding sunshade.
F SPORT Package
- F SPORT-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels two-tone finish.
- Front grille with mesh inserts, metal front scuff plates, black contrast roof, a perforated leather-trimmed steering wheel, leather-trimmed shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel all add to the sporty feel.
- Black NuLuxe trimmed seats or available perforated black leather-trimmed seats with white perforation.
- 48-month/50,000miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.