What’s New: 2019 Lexus IS
New Standard Features:
- Revised ECU programming on rear-wheel drive IS 300s for improved throttle response, optimized transmission shifts and quicker turbocharger response
New Optional Features:
- Triple beam headlights
- Lexus Enform Remote (smart watch and Amazon Alexa skill integration)
- Liquid Platinum replaces Silver Lining Metallic
PLANO, TX – A true sport sedan in every sense of the term, the 2019 Lexus IS delivers exhilarating performance, distinctive styling and world-class quality in a luxurious package. For 2019, the IS offers a new look up front with optional triple beam LED headlights while rear-wheel drive IS 300 models benefit from a retuned ECU that is designed to deliver more immediate throttle response, enhanced shift performance and reduced turbo lag.
Three Times the Shine
Available as an option across the model line, the new triple beam LED headlights deliver exceptional visibility for the driver along with a unique new look. Set in a distinctive “L” shaped pattern, the three, low-beam LED lamps project from the outside edge of the light cluster while a center-mounted high-beam bulb remains for even greater visibility when conditions allow.
At the rear, the Lexus IS has an equally interesting light signature thanks to the refined look of the “L”-shaped LED taillights. The car’s sporting nature is further emphasized by the chrome exhaust tips and standard five-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels.
Three Levels of Power
The rear-wheel drive IS 300 features a 2.0-liter, turbocharged and intercooled inline four-cylinder engine. Rated to deliver 241 horsepower, the stout four-cylinder also produces a solid 258 lb-ft of torque that’s available from 1,650 rpm all the way up to 4,400 rpm. It’s not only powerful, it’s efficient, too, thanks to a sophisticated Variable Valve Timing intelligent – Wide (VVTi-W) system which allows the engine to switch between the Otto and Atkinson combustion cycles to maximize efficiency.
The IS 300 RWD comes equipped with an eight-speed Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission. It integrates an advanced G-force Artificial Intelligence (G-AI) system that monitors multiple performance parameters to determine the optimum gear selection.
For added traction in cold-weather climates, the IS 300 is also available with all-wheel drive. The IS 300 AWD is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 that delivers 260 hp and 236 lb.-ft. of torque to all four wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission. The electronically controlled all-wheel drive system is designed to help enhance traction and grip by automatically varying front-to-rear torque distribution. On dry roads it maintains a 30:70 front-to-rear torque split for maximum performance, but it’s capable of sending as much as 50% of the power to the front wheels in certain conditions.
For buyers who crave maximum power, there’s the IS 350 in either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. It’s 3.5-liter V6 produces 311 hp and 280 lb.-ft. of peak torque. Rear-wheel drive models use the same eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission found in the IS 300 RWD while the AWD version sends power through a six-speed automatic.
The Added Edge of F SPORT
Available on all IS models, the F SPORT package heightens the handling capabilities with unique suspension tuning, 18-inch wheels (with black lug nuts) and tires and an optional Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) on IS 350 models. A TORSEN® limited-slip rear differential is also available on rear-wheel drive IS 350 models while all models with the F SPORT package get LFA-inspired instrumentation, new Dark Gray Streamline interior trim and unique F SPORT exterior styling enhancements. Heated and ventilated sport seats are also part of the package along with a black headliner, aluminum pedals and a leather-trimmed shift knob and steering wheel.
Comfort and Technology
Luxuries abound in the Lexus IS, including standard NuLuxe® trimmed seating, 10-way power front sport seats, a dual-zone automatic climate control system with touch-sensitive controls, power moonroof, and SmartAccess with push button start.
The 2018 IS offers two multimedia systems: the standard high-resolution Lexus Multimedia System with a 7-inch screen and 8-speaker audio, or the optional navigation system with a 10.3-inch screen. The optional high-resolution split-screen multimedia display provides immediate, simultaneous access to audio and climate controls and various systems. On vehicles with the standard multimedia display, Scout® GPS Link includes 3D functionality and turn-by-turn directions. With subscription-free traffic and weather updates, getting to your destination is easier than ever
Available in conjunction with the navigation system, the Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System delivers strikingly life-like sound reproduction, with 835 watts powering 15 speakers. “Enter” buttons on either side of the Remote Touch Interface (RTI) on the center console help make the system easy to use, as does a leather-wrapped palm rest.
More Ways to Ask for Help With Enform® and Siri®
With standard Siri® Eyes Free mode, iPhone® users need merely ask aloud to
play music through the phone’s iTunes® library, get turn-by-turn navigation, and much more. Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while Siri reads notifications and calendar information and lets you add reminders, appointments and notes when safe to do so.
Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included) mobile app lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or Amazon Alexa–enabled devices at home. Drivers also get the Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership). With it, Lexus customers can remotely view information about certain aspects of their Lexus vehicle via the Lexus Drivers mobile app for iOS or at LexusDrivers.com. Available information includes maintenance alerts, warning light notifications and a vehicle health report. Receive email and push notifications for vehicle diagnostic information, required maintenance reminders, current vehicle alerts, service campaigns, and more.
High Standard of Safety
Ten airbags are standard, and IS models employ the innovative Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, which integrates: Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Traction Control (TRAC) and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) active safety systems with Electric Power Steering (EPS). Lexus Safety System+ is standard, which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist, Intelligent High Beam (IHB) and High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Also available is a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross- Traffic Alert (RCTA) system.
Standard Exterior Features
- LED daytime running lights
- Side mirrors with integrated turn signals and puddle lamps
- Power moonroof
- Keyless entry and ignition
Standard Interior Features
- Driver Selectable Drive Modes (Normal, Comfort, Sport)
- Nuluxe® interior trim
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated front seats (AWD only)
- 60/40 split folding rear seat
- Analog clock, exterior temperature gauge
- 1 DC outlet, 1 AUX and 2 USB jacks in console box
- Optitron gauges featuring a 160-mph speedometer, 8,000-rpm tachometer, fuel and coolant temp gauges (non-F SPORT)
- LFA inspired TFT instrument panel (F SPORT)
- Scheduled maintenance indicator light
- Bluetooth® wireless phone technology
- Dust/pollen interior air filter
- Electrochromic rearview mirror with compass (without Navigation)
- First aid kit
- HomeLink® programmable garage door opener
- Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) to allow certain electronic settings to be tailored to owner preference (programmable by Lexus dealers)
- Interior colors: Black, Chateau, Flaxen, Nuance Black and for F SPORT package models, Black, Chateau and Rioja Red
Standard Audio System
- 7-inch VGA screen
- 8 speakers
- Digital signal processing with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL)
- HD Radio™ (complimentary traffic and weather)
- Integrated SiriusXM® Satellite Radio receiver (complimentary 90-day trial subscription included)
- Scout® GPS Link
- MP3/WMA and dual USB plugs
- Streaming audio via Bluetooth® 3.0
Multimedia and Connected Services
- Home screen divided into three sections (customizable for HVAC, audio, traffic, MID)
- Navigation (optional)
- 10.3-inch display
- Speed limit display on road traveled
- Predictive traffic; provides view of traffic ahead based on Clear Channel Total Traffic Network
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for one year) acts as an in-vehicle personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent (Navigation equipped).
- Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included) mobile app lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or Amazon Alexa–enabled devices at home.
- MID data sharing; content from head unit displayed in MID (e.g. song information, NAV direction, call info.)
- Voice Recognition
- Cache Radio; ability to pause live AM/FM radio and HD Radio (15 minutes later)
- Traffic and Weather data provided via HD Radio (free to all users while in HD Radio range)
- NAV-equipped vehicles have up to date and predictive traffic, Doppler weather and weather forecast
- NAV-equipped vehicles w/Lexus Enform App Suite can continue to receive data outside of HD Radio range (switches to cellular connectivity when outside of HD Radio range)
Standard Safety and Security
- Lexus Safety System+ standard
- Pre-Collision System
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Intelligent High Beam
- Hi-speed Adaptive Cruise Control
- Location specific Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Complimentary for the first ten years, Lexus Enform Safety Connect includes an Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, and Stolen Vehicle Notification. The Lexus Enform response center operates 24/7/365.
- Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary 10-year subscription now included), enables the IS to send vehicle alerts and factory recommended maintenance alerts, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer if opted-in.
Individual Factory Options
- Triple Beam Headlamps
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and auto dimming heated side mirrors
- Power rear sunshade
- Intuitive Park Assist
- Heated steering wheel
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
Factory Option Packages
- Premium Package
- Heated and ventilated seats
- Comfort Package
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column
- Rain sensing windshield wipers
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Auto dimming heated side mirrors with auto tilt down in reverse
- Lexus Memory System (memory function for driver’s seat, steering column and side mirrors)
- Navigation Package
- 10.3-inch high resolution split screen multimedia display
- Remote Touch
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for one year) acts as an in-vehicle personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent (Navigation equipped)
- Mark Levinson Package (includes Navigation)
- Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System
- 15 high-efficiency speakers included inverted-motor subwoofer
- 835-watt, 12-channel Class D amplifier
- 5.1 channel surround sound
- Machined aluminum control knobs
- F SPORT Package
- F SPORT 18-inch split spoke alloy wheels with summer (RWD) or all-season (AWD) tires
- F SPORT suspension tuning
- F SPORT-tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension with Sport S/S+ modes (IS 350)
- Limited-slip rear differential (IS 350 RWD)
- LFA-inspired instrumentation
- Silver Performance interior trim
- F SPORT seats with heating and ventilation
- Perforated leather-trimmed shift knob and steering wheel with F SPORT logo
- Black headliner
- Aluminum pedals
- F SPORT exterior styling including unique front bumper, grille and rear valance
Download FilesClick here to Download
Lexus' passion for brave design, imaginative technology, and exhilarating performance enables the luxury lifestyle brand to create amazing experiences for its customers. Lexus began its journey in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since then, Lexus has developed its lineup to meet the needs of global luxury customers in more than 90 countries. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 240 dealers offering a full lineup of luxury vehicles. With six models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers six F SPORT models and two F performance models. Lexus is committed to being a visionary brand that anticipates the future for luxury customers.
Note to Editors: Lexus product information and images are available online via our news media web site http://LexusNewsroom.com.