- Five Horsepower Increase (IS 300 AWD, IS 350 RWD, IS 350 AWD)
- Adaptive Front Lighting System Now Available
- Backup Monitor Now Standard
- Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect Now Complimentary for 10 Years
- Torsen® Limited-Slip Rear Differential Now Standard on 350 RWD F SPORT
With an increase in horsepower and the Lexus IS 200t RWD model now called the IS 300 RWD, the 2018 sporty sedan speaks volumes and then some. Now available is the Adaptive Front Lighting System and standard backup camera. The Lexus IS also comes equipped with safety and technology features that include Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect. Both are now complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership.
Fresh from its redesign in 2017, the front fascia of the IS takes center stage with striking headlamps and large air intakes in the front bumper. The air intakes seem to flow off the fenders and frame a grille that folds back at a higher point, emphasizing a road-hugging stance.
The hood appears sculptural, with the raised center portion flowing rearward from the top of the spindle grille and standard LED headlamps. Beneath those, the L-theme LED daytime running lights give a dramatic daytime glow. On the IS F SPORT, the grille features an exclusive three-dimensional F-mesh pattern, with jet-black metallic look that is also used on the functional brake ducts.
At the rear, the Lexus IS leaves a refined nighttime signature with pronounced “L”-shaped LED light guides that are triple layered within the taillight housing. Rectangular chrome exhaust tips accentuate the car’s sporting nature. Capping off the look are standard five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels on the IS 350.
The IS conveys its sporting intent from the moment the driver gets behind the wheel. Both the wheel and instrument panel designs were inspired by those in the Lexus LFA supercar.
Luxuries abound in the Lexus IS models, including standard NuLuxe trimmed seating, 10-way power front sport seats, a high-efficiency dual-zone automatic climate control system with touch-sensitive controls, power moonroof, and SmartAccess with pushbutton start.
Everywhere you look and touch in the 2018 Lexus IS, you’ll see and feel unique details, including climate-control panel, analog clock and steering wheel switches. The speedometer and tachometer, as well as stitching atop the gauge hood, enhance the cockpit’s sporty feel.
The 2018 IS offers two multimedia systems: standard high-resolution Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with a 7-inch screen and 8-speaker audio or the optional navigation system, which features a new 10.3-inch screen. This screen offers a larger and clearer image of the various functions of the multimedia and Enform® systems.
The navigation system puts a world of capability at the driver’s fingertips via the second-generation Lexus Remote Touch Interface (RTI) multi-function control device. The RTI is the go-to control for the audio, driver’s phone and more. Available in conjunction with the navigation system, the Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System delivers strikingly life-like sound reproduction, with 835 watts powering 15 speakers. “Enter” buttons on either side of the RTI on the center console help make the system easier to use, as does a larger leather-wrapped palm rest.
The standard Display Audio system incorporates HD Radio™, Bluetooth® audio, a vehicle information display, and complimentary traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio. Also available for this audio system is the Scout® GPS Link app. With the app on the driver’s smartphone, turn-by-turn directions appear on the car’s central display screen.
Three Power Sources, Two Drivetrains
The 2018 IS 300 and IS 350 are available in RWD and AWD. Both offer an F SPORT model that further revs up the bold style and handling agility.
The IS 300, in RWD form, features a 2.0-liter twin-scroll turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with intercooler. This super-smooth powerplant produces 241 hp and quickly builds up a wide torque plateau of 258 lb.-ft. from 1,650-4,400 rpm. Variable Valve Timing intelligent – Wide (VVTi-W) allows the engine to switch between the Otto and Atkinson combustion cycles to maximize efficiency. The D-4ST fuel injection system combines a high-pressure direct fuel injection system with a low-pressure port-injection system.
The IS 300 RWD comes equipped exclusively with the eight-speed Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission that integrates advanced G-force Artificial Intelligence (G-AI) system to choose gears intuitively. Steering wheel paddle shifters are also available for those who prefer to shift for themselves.
For those seeking all-season grip, Lexus offers the IS 300 AWD model with a 260 hp, 3.5-liter V6 producing 236 lb.-ft. torque at 2,000-4,800 rpm. The electronically controlled all-weather drive system, also available for IS 350 models, is designed to help enhance traction and grip under most driving conditions by automatically varying front-to-rear torque distribution from 50:50 to as much as 30:70. The AWD models use a six-speed automatic transmission. The IS 350 delivers dazzling performance from a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 311 hp and 280 lb.-ft. of peak torque. The RWD model uses the eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission.
A Drive Mode Select system features up to five driving modes to tailor the car’s combination of economy, comfort, performance and handling characteristics. All IS sedans feature ECO, NORMAL, SNOW and SPORT modes. Equipping the IS 300 with the F SPORT package also adds Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), controlled with SPORT S, SPORT S+ and customizable drive mode.
The agile handling of all IS models owes much to the multi-link rear suspension inherited from the company’s GS sedans, along with finely tuned electronic power steering. Available for all IS models, the F SPORT package sharpens handling acuity with unique 18-inch wheels and special suspension tuning with a Torsen® limited-slip rear differential, while sharpening the design with unique interior and exterior trim. Inside, all-season comfort is enhanced through heated and ventilated front seats. The finishing touch on the F SPORT experience for IS 300 AWD and IS 350 models is a rousing engine sound to rev up the car enthusiast in anyone.
Just Ask Enform®, or Siri®
With standard Siri® Eyes Free mode, iPhone® users need merely ask aloud to play music through the phone’s iTunes® library, get turn-by-turn navigation, and much more. Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while Siri reads notifications and calendar information and lets you add reminders, appointments and notes when safe to do so.
Drivers also get the Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership). With it, Lexus customers can remotely view information about certain aspects of their Lexus vehicle via the Lexus Drivers mobile app for iOS or at LexusDrivers.com. Available information includes maintenance alerts, warning light notifications and a vehicle health report. Receive email and push notifications for vehicle diagnostic information, required maintenance reminders, current vehicle alerts, service campaigns, and more.
Ten Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags are standard, and IS models employ the innovative Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, which integrates: Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Traction Control (TRAC) and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) active safety systems with the Electric Power Steering (EPS) or, where fitted for IS 350 RWD F SPORT, Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS). Lexus Safety System+ is standard, which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS), Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist, Intelligent High Beam (IHB) and High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Also available is the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross- Traffic Alert (RCTA) system.
What’s New for 2018
- Enform Safety Connect Complimentary for First 10 Years of Ownership
- Enform Service Connect Complimentary for First 10 Years of Ownership
- Available Comfort Package includes Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross- Traffic Alert
- Backup Camera standard on all models
- Adaptive Front Lighting System Available
- Five Horsepower Increase (IS 300 AWD, IS 350 RWD and IS 350 AWD)
- Limited Slip Differential (IS 350 RWD with F SPORT only)
- Advanced construction techniques include laser screw welding and adhesive body bonding that help provide enhanced overall body rigidity.
- Rear subframe and cowl side braces help to further enhance handling control and steering response.
- Electric Power Steering System for a smoother more accurate feel with excellent feedback.
- High- and ultra-high-tensile steel body structure.
- Ten SRS airbags; two-stage dual SRS front airbags, driver and front passenger SRS knee airbags, front and rear SRS side airbags, as well as full length SRS side curtain airbags.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with touch-sensitive switches.
- LDA with display audio controller.
- Available Lexus navigation system with RTI and Lexus Enform App Suite.
- 4.2-inch full color multi-information display including audio, trip, navigation, phone and ambient temperature.
- Optional Comfort Package with memory driver and passenger seats, memory heated outer mirrors, power steering column, rain-sensing windshield wipers and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
- Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound System.
- Heated steering wheel (available with Premium Package or F SPORT)
- Available Adaptive Front Lighting System.
- 48 months/50,000 miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.